If you or your loved ones have been hurt in an accident caused by another person's negligence, you will want to file a personal injury claim. This will assist you in receiving the compensation that you deserve for your suffering and agony. However, before you can even think about filing a personal injury claim, you need to first find a good Savannah personal injury lawyer who can represent you in court. We'll give you nine tips on working with a Savannah personal injury lawyer.
A personal injury claim is a legal case that is filed by an individual who has been injured due to the negligence of another person. The claim is filed in order to seek compensation for the injuries suffered, which can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Personal injury lawyers are attorneys who represent people who have been injured, either physically or emotionally, as a result of the negligence or wrongful act of another person, company, government agency, or other entity. In most cases, these lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if their client wins the case.
It is important to have a personal injury lawyer on your side for many reasons. For one, they will be able to investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim. They will also be able to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and get you the best possible settlement. And if your case does go to trial, they will be able to represent you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
There are many different types of personal injury cases. Some of the most common include:
The statute of limitations is the deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit. In Savannah, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do not file within this time frame, you will be barred from doing so and will not be able to seek compensation for your injuries.
There are a few things you should look for when hiring a personal injury lawyer. Here are the qualifications your personal injury lawyer should have:
- The personal injury lawyer you hire should have experience handling cases similar to yours.
- They should be licensed to practice law in the state where the accident occurred.
- They should have a good understanding of the personal injury laws in your state.
- They should be familiar with the local courts and procedures.
- They should have a good track record of winning personal injury cases.
- They should be able to give you a list of references from past clients.
How Much Does A Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if their
When it comes to working with a Savannah personal injury lawyer, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are our nine top tips:
By following these tips, you can be sure that you are working with your lawyer in the most effective way possible. If you have questions about your case or need more information, be sure to contact a personal injury lawyer in The Brown Firm in Savannah, GA today.
The legal process can be long and complicated, so it's important to have realistic expectations. Here is a general overview of what you can expect:
1. Initially, your lawyer will gather all of the necessary evidence, such as medical records and police reports.
2. Your lawyer will then send a demand letter to the other party, outlining your injuries and what you are seeking in terms of compensation.
3. If the other party does not agree to a fair settlement, your lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf.
4. The lawsuit will go through the discovery process, during which each side will gather evidence and take depositions from witnesses.
5. If the case does not settle during discovery, it will go to trial.
6. Once a verdict is reached, the judge will issue a final order and the case will be over.
Of course, every case is different and this is just a general overview. Your lawyer will keep you informed of the specific steps in your case and what you can expect at each stage.
By now, you should have a good understanding of what to look for when hiring a personal injury lawyer and what to expect during the legal process. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact a personal injury lawyer in Savannah today. The Brown Firm's top-rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Savannah provides client-focused legal advice to victims of Auto Accidents, Truck Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Bicycle Accidents, Workplace Injuries, Slip and Fall Injuries, Pedestrian Injuries, and Wrongful Death Claims. Harry Brown, Jr., DC, JD, is not only a Personal Injury Lawyer but also a Chiropractor with over 30 years of expertise. Our Law Firm has an understanding of both healthcare providers and insurance companies to assist clients to get the best possible result. If you were harmed in a vehicle accident in Savannah, call right now for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. Allow us to get you the most compensation possible for your injuries. Contact us today.